Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Papa, can you hear me?

Is it totally bad that I play showtunes all day? I mean, I know they love them and I'm not torturing them by singing at the top of my lungs. Yesterday I played the soundtrack to Yentl and they were totally digging it. My mom used to play the record when I was growing up, and I guess it stuck.

Actually, I love Barbra Streisand. LOVE her.

I guess if Brody asks for a pair of tights and sparkly shoes, I should be worried. Until then, jazz hands it is.

***

Why are my kids so well behaved when we go shopping? Mind you, I am totally NOT complaining, but when we're at home they drive me up the wall. As soon as we step foot out the door (or pull out of the garage, actually), they shut up and are angels. I carry Ramona in the Baby Bjorn facing forward, and usually put Brody in the cart. Everyone always comments on how cute Ramona is (well, she IS). No one says anything about poor Brody.

Of course, if we go to Tarjay or Toys R Us (which we are not to say out loud in the house), I have to buy Brody a toy or face a meltdown of cosmic proportions. And I do it. Why? Because I am a sucker and try to avoid confrontation at all costs. It's called conflict avoidance, people.

No comments: